Last modified: 06.09.2019
Motek Medical BV
1101 CD Amsterdam
Motek Medical BV is part of DIH group. Within the group, services such as IT services are partially provided by different group entities and therefore a data transfer between group entities takes place. Appropriate agreements and safeguards to secure your data in all jurisdictions of the DIH group are in place. These measures are implemented in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 5 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You can find a list of all entities belonging to the DIH group on this page.
Controller of your personal data is the specific DIH Entity (in the case of this website, it is the Motek Medical BV) which collects personal data from and about you or to which you provide personal data. More than one DIH Entity may act as controller of your data (i) if more than one DIH Entity collects your personal data (e.g. you visit the webpages of more than one DIH Entity) or if you provide personal data to more than one DIH Entity; (ii) if you explicitly allow the DIH Entity controlling your data to disclose data to other DIH Entities and let them use such data as controllers or (iii) if there is any other legal justification for the controlling DIH Entity/DIH Entities to entitle other DIH Entities to process your personal data as controller (e.g. realizing legitimate interests, compliance with legal obligations, performance of a contract). The controller of your data is hereinafter referred to as “DIH Entity“. If there is more than one DIH Entity controlling your data, each such DIH Entity will act as controller. In such a case the responsible entity mentioned above will act as contact for all data subject related requests.
The controller of your data that you submit via website access is the entity indicated above. If you have any questions with regard to which entity is the controller of your specific personal data please contact the Data Protection Officer of the DIH group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data we may collect about you.
We collect and use different types of data from and about you:
Personal data, which means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“personal data“).
- Such data may include your and/or your facility’s/company´s name, postal address, email address, telephone number, title, position, market, or other similar identifiers which we may use to contact you online or offline; if you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and/or billing information.
- Technical information relating to your person, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, or operating system and platform.
Non-personal data that does neither directly nor indirectly reveal your identity or does not relate to an identified individual.
If we combine or connect non-personal data with personal data so that it directly or indirectly identifies an individual, we treat the combined information as personal data.
How we collect data about you.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account, subscribe to our services, search for a product, place an order, provide us with your contact details or other information at trade shows, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. See Cookies and automatic data collection below.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers, or aggregators.
Cookies and automatic data collection technologies
We oftentimes do not control how these third-party tracking technologies operate or how they may use the collected data. A list of such third parties is included in the Cookie Notice. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see cookies configuration link.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, deliver advertising and marketing, or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences. Examples of how we may use the personal data we collect include to:
- Present our Website and provide you with the information, products, services, and support that you request of us.
- Send information and respond to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
- Process your orders and send information and updates pertaining to such orders as well as the ordered products or services.
- Process and/or collect payments as well as performance of credit checks.
- Provide you with customized advertisements, content, and information.
- Assign you to the appropriate sales representative (based on your country information) for personal contact.
- Meet our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including billing or collections or complying with legal requirements.
- Fulfil the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when it was collected.
- Notify you about changes to our Website, products, or services.
- Ensure that we present our Website content in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Administer our Website and conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Administer contests, promotions, or other site features.
- Protect our Website, employees, or operations.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Build and establish individual profiles of our customers.
We may combine the information we collect online from or about you with the information we collect offline from or about you. We may also combine your information that we’ve collected from you with information we may receive from other sources, such as address update services, another DIH Entity or co-promotion partners.
We may also use personal data to contact you about our own goods and services as well as goods and services of other DIH Entities or third parties that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know by not checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use personal data to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data with:
- Business partners, suppliers, service providers, sub-contractors, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization or service providers that assist us in processing your credit card payments). We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes.
- Third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve you and others relevant advertisements.
- Credit reference agencies when required to assess your credit score before entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any businesses or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such businesses or assets.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings, where one of the transferred assets is the personal data we hold.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce agreements.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection, and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide the data.
- For any other purposes that we disclose when you provide the data.
We may share non-personal data without restriction.
Personal data transfer
We may process, store, and transfer the personal data we collect, in and to a country outside your own, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own. In such cases, we make sure that the recipients of your personal data maintain an adequate level of data protection in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 5 GDPR.
Your personal data use choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
- Promotional Offers from the DIH Entities. If you agree to us using your email address and contact information to promote products and services of the DIH Entities you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order, download, registration, or request form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and checking or unchecking the relevant boxes to adjust your account profile’s user preferences, or by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com. You may withdraw your consent respectively and opt-out of further marketing communications at any time by following the opt-out links in that message or by adjusting your account profile’s user preferences on our Website.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you agree to us sharing your personal data with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order, download, registration, or request form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and checking or unchecking the relevant boxes to adjust your account profile’s user preferences, or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may withdraw your consent respectively and opt-out of further marketing communications by third parties at any time by adjusting your account profile’s user preferences on our Website or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising. If you agree to us using information that we collect or that you provide us with to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order, download, registration, or request form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates or plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage with a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
Your rights: E.g. Accessing, correcting, deleting, and objecting to processing of your personal data
You can access, review, and change your personal data by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, reception, correction, or deletion of any personal data that you have provided us with, or to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. Depending on the law applicable to your situation, you may also ask for data portability and have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The responsible data protection authority for the Motek Medical BV is:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
When your request your data from us, please include your name, email, and postal address, as well as your specific request and any information we may need in order to process your request. Please note that a DIH Entity might have to disclose your personal data in the request to other DIH Entities in order to attend to your request.
You have the right to withdraw your consent any time, it being understood that this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent prior to your withdrawal. Please note that we can only delete your personal data by also deleting your user account. We may refuse a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively affect the information’s accuracy.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.